Monday, August 8, 2011

Shared Topic: Bags and Bank Capacity

Amerence over at Ameranceloveswow came up with some questions about bag space, keeping old items,if there is any other options for the Soulbound items to go? Do you think there will be changes in the future?


Click for full detail ta read da funnies
NPCComic is great isnt it?  Better font now tho.  :)

But enough of Mary's opinion, on to mine.



Its hard giving up the things you have worked so hard on getting, and even the things you just randomly got.  Being unable to give them up in a way is Hoarding - something that can be a drain on any enjoyment. 

"Hoarding is the excessive collection of items, along with the inability to discard them. Hoarding often creates such cramped living conditions that homes may be filled to capacity, " -Mayoclinic

In video games we have whats been called inventory management where the conflict between what might be useful is against the new stuff we find.  It builds the habit of sucking up every lose item in a game and holding on to it in case you discover some bit of moon logic where you need a stick to annoy a dragon into melting a ball of ice.  Warcraft has less of that and their working to remove the bits they do have but you still end up with it.  Especially if your an engineer.  Whizzing whirlygig?  Who knows what it does but I built one and I migth need it in a pattern later and it would take forever to get the mats again if I do happen to need it...


Ive been thinking about this for a bit but I couldn't quite put my finger on the idea till Dragonray over at Azerothianlife mentioned how good she felt having the bag room when she got rid of her old Molten Core gear.  Its a sensation Ive had myself when I go through and trash old items, because though I miss them I love having hundreds of slots for picking up stuff as I run around.

The good news is its fixable for most items.  Take screen shots of the gear and items your holding on to.  Save them in a zip file.  Their still 'there' but now you don't have to have them in your bank.  Weapons, armor, the scepter of the shifting sands, whatever you have for the heck of it.  If you have white items that have a look you want write down their name in a text file and save it so you can just pick them up later when their needed.  Seasonal gear and clothes you wear regularly for role playing are more complicated.
 



My rule of thumb is to only collect gear if you will use it at least once a week.  My Demon Hunter is more often in her RP outfit than her tank or DPS set.  But I also have her level 60 PvP gear (I do occasionally wear it around town).  I'm not advocating slash and burn on everything but thin things down.  My goal I aim for is for 4 out of 5 bags to be empty on my character to give room for picking things up, raid food, or whatever.  Its a work in progress so if you try and cant quite hit it then don't be unhappy.  Trying is the main thing.


Now Blizzcon 2010 Cataclysm Open QA in addition to highlighting Activison-Blizzard's sexist dicks mocked anyone who would collect clothing.  At 7:07 in 3/4 of the Q&A (Link here.  The sexist guy does give a serious answer before his buddy mocks the world of dresscraft. So there will be changes when they finally get around to it.  About the same time as the dance studio. 


Welcome to the

World of Dresscraft

1 comment:

  1. Heya hon, Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the shared topic this week over at Blog Azeorth, I appreciate it. and I love the Images you put up here. It was a good read! Thanks again! Take care! =D

    ReplyDelete